It's a bit early to reach the station - but it doesn't matter. I wanted to make sure I don't miss the train.
I can definitely Wait.
I am Waiting.
Waiting.
Minutes flew by.
Annoyed, I went up to the Enquiry Department, they said the train will arrive soon.
I pressed for a specific time. No response.
I took a good look at the station and the things happening there.
Only a few passengers were there. In one corner of the station, there were a group of boys playing with pebbles, enjoying to the fullest, even though they were in rags. I wondered what made them so oblivious about the world around them. As though they had a shield to protect them from all the depressions of their lives.
No sign of the train coming, and soon, it started to rain. A rain in the middle of the summer.
I love that. The fresh aroma after a summer downpour is one of life's pleasing scents.Suddenly, I had an urge to drink tea. I don't usually have tea or coffee much, but a rainy day is different.
To my bad luck, I couldn't find any chai-wallahs. The only one was outside the station. I can't leave all my luggage inside, just to drink tea.I called one of the boys and asked him if he could bring me a cup of tea. He agreed.I gave the money.
I sat on a bench. Waiting. This time for the tea.
Minutes flew by.
"....... Train arriving on platf........", I heard the not-so-clear announcement through the rusty old speaker. I figured it out it was my train.
Now I was sure that boy ran away with the money. I didn't care about the money part though, as it was just 10 rs. But I couldn't savour the fact that the boy got the better of me .
Why did I even trust a 'roadside' Boy, I thought.
Train arrived. I stood up, picked my luggage and started walking. I was just about to enter the coach when I heard a voice 'Bhai, Aapki chai'.
Surprised, I turned back and saw the little boy standing with a cup of tea in his hand. I asked him where was he all this time and why he bought the tea so late ?
He said, he had to clean the utensils of the chai-wallah because he lost the money I gave him. He did it so that he can bring me a cup of tea!!
My head bowed down in shame.
He and his friends taught me things that no books can ever teach me.
The happiness I saw in their faces while they were playing with pebbles made me realize something.
Happiness doesn't comes with money.
I was searching for happiness everywhere, when it was right in front of me.
Yet so hidden. You know where it lies?
It lies in appreciating the small small things in your life with a big heart. It lies in being thankful to God for everything he gave us even though we don't deserve most of it.
He opened my eyes. I vow I will never sleep again.
I can definitely Wait.
I am Waiting.
Waiting.
Minutes flew by.
Annoyed, I went up to the Enquiry Department, they said the train will arrive soon.
I pressed for a specific time. No response.
I took a good look at the station and the things happening there.
Only a few passengers were there. In one corner of the station, there were a group of boys playing with pebbles, enjoying to the fullest, even though they were in rags. I wondered what made them so oblivious about the world around them. As though they had a shield to protect them from all the depressions of their lives.
No sign of the train coming, and soon, it started to rain. A rain in the middle of the summer.
I love that. The fresh aroma after a summer downpour is one of life's pleasing scents.Suddenly, I had an urge to drink tea. I don't usually have tea or coffee much, but a rainy day is different.
To my bad luck, I couldn't find any chai-wallahs. The only one was outside the station. I can't leave all my luggage inside, just to drink tea.I called one of the boys and asked him if he could bring me a cup of tea. He agreed.I gave the money.
I sat on a bench. Waiting. This time for the tea.
Minutes flew by.
"....... Train arriving on platf........", I heard the not-so-clear announcement through the rusty old speaker. I figured it out it was my train.
Now I was sure that boy ran away with the money. I didn't care about the money part though, as it was just 10 rs. But I couldn't savour the fact that the boy got the better of me .
Why did I even trust a 'roadside' Boy, I thought.
Train arrived. I stood up, picked my luggage and started walking. I was just about to enter the coach when I heard a voice 'Bhai, Aapki chai'.
Surprised, I turned back and saw the little boy standing with a cup of tea in his hand. I asked him where was he all this time and why he bought the tea so late ?
He said, he had to clean the utensils of the chai-wallah because he lost the money I gave him. He did it so that he can bring me a cup of tea!!
My head bowed down in shame.
He and his friends taught me things that no books can ever teach me.
The happiness I saw in their faces while they were playing with pebbles made me realize something.
Happiness doesn't comes with money.
I was searching for happiness everywhere, when it was right in front of me.
Yet so hidden. You know where it lies?
It lies in appreciating the small small things in your life with a big heart. It lies in being thankful to God for everything he gave us even though we don't deserve most of it.
He opened my eyes. I vow I will never sleep again.